Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ten Dollar Day

Dane and I spent almost the whole day together yesterday, and it was glorious. He had the idea, since we've been spending too much money lately, to have "ten dollar day," where everything we did that day had to be done with only ten dollars. It's a pretty fun challenge! It kind of makes you feel like you're on Survivor, in a way.

We started the afternoon by finally airing my bike tires, so I can ride to campus now that it's getting warm! Then we just walked around downtown for a while. We got a small drink from McDonald's as the first purchase from our money. We went to the Chartreuse Pear, which I love and apparently Dane loves now too! There was a cute watch made of links of different metal shapes and colors, and Dane really loved it, and he said that I should make one. I love that he is finally seeing how much I love crafts and making things. Then we went to Office Depot because it's awesome, and we decided that we should get souvenirs from the day. Dane found a pen he liked but we decided to keep looking. We found them at Goodwill. He got a raquetball raquet and I got a new belt! Or an old belt, I guess. It's cute either way. Then we decided to get some dinner. We could have bought dinner with the ten dollars, too, but decided to get some chicken nuggets from Wendy's, chips and salsa from Chili's, and cook some chicken I already had at home. Very random assortment. But it was yummy!

Grand total from the day:
Coke from McDonald's
belt
raquetball raquet
chicken nuggets
chips and salsa
red box movie

I'd say that's pretty productive! And we had so much fun. We took a lot of pictures because we haven't done that in forever.


I'm getting sleepy. This is more like random talking and not anything thought out at all. I apologize.


I'm almost done with Invisible Man now. I'll finish up tomorrow and hopefully start House of Seven Gables... I think that's the next one.

Oh, I had a strange dream last night. It doesn't make too much sense when I say it, but I'll share. I dreamed that Leigh and Treasure became best friends behind my back, and I was so mad. And for some reason, they were both going to be in North Dakota at the same time (like separately, though), so to me, that meant that they were like hanging out there without me. THEN (random) I was trying to get Leigh in a picture with George Bush, but he was really rude and wouldn't smile. He was just sitting on some steps outside, though, and Leigh really liked him in the dream, so I was trying to get her a picture.

There are two things I could think about this dream:
1. I feel left out because I'm not married?? I wouldn't say this is true, but I think I maybe felt that way in the dream.

2. I've mentioned this before, but I have this inner fear, for some reason, that my close friends don't actually like me that much. It's crazy.

Anyway, that was interesting because when I woke up, I told Bri about it, and then it sounded really dumb because I wouldn't be upset at all if any of that actually happened.


Jordan came to Ruston tonight! We (Jordan, Bri, Dane and me) watched Men Who Stare at Goats. I really liked it, but I think the others had mixed feelings about it. I really liked it. It's one of those that I think have a lot of meaning and could be watched over and over. And there were really funny parts in it. It was a good portrayal of faith and believing in something, whatever the end outcome. And leaving a legacy... I don't want to ruin anything for you though. You should see it! Then we decided to put pieces of plaid fabric from the bottom of Jordan's pajama pants that she cut off on our heads as bandanna/fedoras and, because of that inspiration, decided to go on an adventure around town. So we went to the gas station in the TORRENT because Starbucks was closed at 9:30 on a Saturday night (?!?!?!???) and got coffee, a truffle delight 3 Musketeers bar, two beef jerks sticks (Jordan's and my adventure staple food) and then we called Ajantha to join the fun, after requiring her to wear a head covering, too. Somehow my phone call of "Hey! We're going on an adventure, I'm coming to get you!" translated to "Hey! I'm about to get engaged, bring a ziploc bag so your phone won't get wet in the rain as you stand outside while I get proposed to..." to her. I'm not sure how that happened. But she brought a ziploc bag. I'm glad to know that she was so prepared for my sake. A very fun evening, all in all.

Goodnight.

1 comment: