That's what I'm thinking about. Pretty much all I've been thinking about. Being busy seems to affect me in every way right now. Mr. Danny said tonight that this is the least busy I will ever be. SCARY. He actually said, "Right now, you have the most time you'll ever have to do things for the Lord." I don't feel like I do that much as it is right now, what about when I get even busier?
Also, I'm also preoccupied with schoolwork for the quarter, except I CANNOT write at night, so I'm taking a break, and I'm actually bored. I'm waiting for Dane to see if we will go ride bikes...
His "busyness" is also something that I've been thinking about. He's going to DC this summer. I won't see him for probably like 4 months because I think his family's doing vacation when he gets back. This mean 4 months of him being busy. I'm trying not to be nervous, but being busy happens to be the worst because that's when communication breaks down, or is just nonexistent at times, and there isn't anything you can do. It's this horrible, helpless place.
I will also be, you guessed it, BUSY this whole summer. I need to get my thesis proposal written, which means I need to research to figure out what needs to make up that proposal. And then, ideally, I start writing. Since my favorite, well, only, writing place closed, I don't know where I'm going to get anything done. Hopefully McNeese has a library I can work well in.
Also, I'll be needing to wait tables enough to save up money to live on next year. The good thing I'm looking forward to is that Bri and I are going tomorrow to put a down payment on a Penny Lane condo. I'm very excited about this, but I'm trying to keep it a "hypothetical," as Caleb says, until we actually get it done tomorrow so I'm not super disappointed.
I tend to look too far ahead and get really stressed out, so I'm really trying not to. I'm just not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel right now. Say a prayer for me that my research really comes together soon this summer, so I can not go insane. I've found a few good connections between Gioia and Dickinson, but I need a lot more.
So maybe I can apply "Business time" to my summer with a positive attitude, in the sense of getting a lot of work done and spending all that time I supposedly have in a good way, using my free time to do things for Jesus.
If somehow you didn't get the Business Time reference, please do enjoy:
No comments:
Post a Comment